28 / 12 / 2018
Join us for one of the major training events in 2019. The training is addressed particularly to chief financial officers, chief accountants and employees of tax and accounting departments; so if you wish to know what 2019 will bring in terms of CIT and VAT – this is your tax MUST HAVE!
The aim of the training entitled CIT and VAT – changes in 2018 and 2019 is to prepare the participants to settle the 2018 CIT, and to give a comprehensive presentation of the CIT and VAT regulations coming into force in 2019. Out training is a 6-hour session with experts. Maximum practice, essential theory and individual consultations during and after the training.
The training will be held on 8 January 2019 in Katowice. Organisation details, agenda and registration form available in PDF. If you are interested in the training, please complete the registration form and send it by 3 January 2018 to: email@example.com
21 / 12 / 2018
The time spent watching the Nativity Play delivered by the students of the Primary School no 9 in Katowice was probably the most thoughtful moment during the year. The story presented by the students featured the Holy Family, the Three Magi, the Little Shepherds and angelic hosts. It was combined with a dance show. The young actors won laud applause, and next the winners of the “Magic Christmas” contest, organised by KSP, received their rewards, and so did all the other contestants.
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be part of this moving event.
18 / 12 / 2018
We are pleased and honoured to have the opportunity to support the Group of Special Schools in Katowice during the Christmas time. The school pupils have participated in an art contest - “Magic Christmas”, an event which has been organised by our Law Firm for many years now. They have again demonstrated how talented and resourceful they are. Their works were evaluated by all KSP personnel. Each of us cast three votes for the works of our choice and consequently the following winners were selected:
- Place 1 - Kamil D. – Grade III
- Place 2 - Arek P. – Grade III
- Place 3 - Paulina P. – Grade III
38 pupils participated in the contest - all their works were excellent. Fortunately, we have an abundance of delicious rewards and each young artist will be appreciated. The rewards will be handed to the winners during the annual Nativity Play organised by the school. We look forward to the event.
We congratulate the winners and we would like to thank every pupil who participated in the contest, as well as their parents and teachers for organising it. We wish you peaceful Christmas full of love.
03 / 12 / 2018
We are pleased to inform you that KSP Legal & Tax Advice has signed a collaboration agreement with Andersen Global - an international association of tax and legal firms. Established in 2013 by U.S. member firm Andersen Tax LLC, Andersen Global now has more than 4,000 professionals and a presence in over 123 locations through its member firms and collaborating firms.
Collaboration with KSP Legal & Tax Advice, according to Mark Vorsatz, Andersen Global Chairman and Andersen Tax LLC CEO, significantly strengthens Andersen Global’s presence in Poland and globally.
We have provided advice to our clients for 15 years now, and we know that they expect innovative and modern solutions in the shifting business environment. We know that our cooperation with Andersen Global is going to be another step forward in the quality of service we provide to our customers, while giving us the opportunity to work on interesting projects. We already have formed a working relationship with many current Partners within Andersen Global’s member firms, including our colleagues in Warsaw from A2Z Tax & Legal. It is a pleasure to collaborate with individuals with whom we share passion, vision and common values.
We are happy to see that the commitment of the entire team and persistent pursuit of our goals have brought positive results for all of us, and we look forward to new challenges.
We do not slow down! We operate globally!
07 / 11 / 2018
What changes are planned in CIT and VAT in 2019? KSP offers tailor-made training sessions to be delivered on site, which are customized to meet the specific demands of each industry and type of business activity. The training is intended to present practical aspects of the upcoming changes from the perspective of the taxpayer’s individual business and addressed to employees in tax and accounting departments. The training will be delivered by experienced KSP tax advisors.
- who can benefit from the 9% CIT?
- exit tax - a tax on income from non-registered profits,
- what are the benefits of the Innovation Box/IP BOX? – taxation of income from intellectual property,
- what changes are planned for taxpayers and remitters of the withholding tax - tax collection, verification and refund on-line,
- exemption of interest and discounted bonds from the withholding tax,
- how to account for debt purchase costs? - new rules,
- new restrictions on accounting for company car expenses,
- new rules for calculation of income from securities lending,
- when can the “hypothetical costs of financing” be recognised? - national interest deduction,
- changes in taxation of income from commercial real property,
- what is the significance of changes applicable to the transfer pricing documentation?
- “bad debt relief” after 90 days,
- will the voucher for goods and services be liable to VAT and when?
- who will be obliged to use online cash registers?
- the new VAT rates based on Combined Nomenclature and Polish Classification of Products and Services (PKWiU) 2015,
- benefits of the Binding Rate Information,
- split payment mandatory for the constructions sector?
- who and when will be obliged to inform the authorities about “aggressive tax planning”?
- consequences of tax avoidance and tax advantage - an additional tax obligation, liability of the remitter.
For more details, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at: +48 32 731 68 74.
25 / 10 / 2018
KSP lawyers at a meeting of the “Coffee with a Lawyer” series organised in cooperation with the Katowice Lodge of the BCC will present practical situations involving the trademark issues in the context of the new Regulation (EU) 2017/1001 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 14 June 2017 on the European Union trade mark.
Natalia Gaweł and Jacek Osipiuk will discuss the following aspects:
- The guaranteed protection. Where to register trademarks?
- In Poland, in the EU, or may be in some more distant locations? How to register a trademark in an effective manner?
- What comes next? Is the registered trademark actually protected?
- Protective measures. What if your trademark is used by a third party?
- Non-registered trademarks. Are they it also protected by the law?
- Date: 14 November 2018, at 9.00 a.m.
- Venue: KSP’s head office in Katowice at 150 Chorzowska Street
- Duration: 2 - 3 hours
- Registration: until 9 November 2018 at: email@example.com or by phone at: +48 32 731 68 53 (contact person: Magdalena Bujoczek).
- The meeting is free. The number of places is limited.
We believe that the seminar will be helpful in the everyday difficult decisions you need to take while managing your enterprise.
25 / 10 / 2018
In response to our customers’ expectations, the KSP tax team have prepared a special training session dedicated to employees of capital groups and related companies. The training enhances the employees’ skills by making them aware of the tax risks involved in acquiring/taking up shares in other companies, and in business combinations/divisions.
The training will be delivered by: Elżbieta Lis – tax advisor and Szymon Chyra – tax consultant.
The following issues are planned to be discussed:
- ways to acquire shares and the tax effects thereof
- merger/division of companies
- “small” anti-tax avoidance clause
- effects of share redemption - ways to redeem shares and their effects depending on the method of share acquisition
- ways to dispose of shares
- a case study
By attending the training you get:
- 5 hours of practical workshop
- the skills of recognising tax risks related to restructuring
- extensive knowledge supported with examples
For more details, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at: +48 32 731 68 53.
15 / 10 / 2018
Can Hanna Zdanowska hold the function of the town president and be a candidate for the next term of office? Listen to a discussion on this legal issue held last Sunday during TVP Info’s programme “Minęła 20”. KSP was represented by Tomasz Srokosz (from 00:43:15)
11 / 10 / 2018
It was a weekend of good energy. On Sunday, the run had its 10th, jubilee edition in Silesia. Again, KSP was a legal partner of the event, and was involved in its organisation.
This year, thanks to joint training exercises, the expanded running team of KSP discovered new talents. Our contestants did well in the mini and half marathons, reaching the finish line – like last year – in the Witches’ Cauldron. Congratulations!
Our runners are set to break new records. Run with us!
19 / 09 / 2018
On 20 September 2018 Tomasz Srokosz will deliver a training session during a workshop organised in cooperation with the consulting firm TAXPOINT and Krakow Technology Park as part of the project “Power up your Business in Małopolska”.
The event is dedicated to infrastructure and preparation of the investment process, real property management and the requirements for connection and construction of energy and gas networks. Tomasz Srokosz will share the experienced acquired by KSP in the area of investment property purchase and sale.
The training will be attended by representatives of the local government units from the Małopolskie Province and representatives of investment property management entities appointed by municipalities.
You are welcome to attend!
04 / 09 / 2018
And it is over. Last Sunday, on 2 September, two KSP teams bravely fought in this year’s edition of the charity relay race – Katowice Business Run – in Dolina Trzech Stawów.
This time, there were more than 600 teams and 3 thousand runners from about 150 companies. Competition was intense, and KSP participants, showing a fierce fighting spirit, scored in the middle. The heated atmosphere in the fan zone could not be spoiled even by a passing rain. Families and colleagues cheered for the runners, and the organiser offered numerous attractions for the spectators.
Our joy is even greater when we know that by participating in the run we supported the beneficiaries of the Poland Business Run Foundation. This year’s Katowice edition is to help five people whose limbs had to be amputated due to an illness or an accident, and who require costly prosthetics and rehabilitation.
Katowice Business Run is a charity relay race for teams of 5 members, where each contestant has to run a distance of 3.8 km. It is part of Poland Business Run – a nationwide running event organised simultaneously in 9 Polish cities.
See you next year!
Photo: Kamil Janicki - Pause Business Support
30 / 07 / 2018
KSP joins interesting sporting events more and more often. We have barely cooled down after supporting the regatta on the Mediterranean Sea, and we are already getting ready for another big event – the 10th edition of PKO Silesia Marathon.
On 7 October 2018, the streets of Silesia will again be ruled by runners. Thousands of participants, including competitors from our law firm, will run a marathon or a half marathon. We are proud, being able to accompany this event as its legal partner.
KSP runners have already started their training. We encourage our clients and friends to work out with us and to take part in the Silesia Marathon. We guarantee a lot of fun, great atmosphere and positive energy. We will also be present at the Silesian Stadium, where the finishing line will await the runners. It will be a truly exceptional event!
For more information, go to the website Silesia Marathon.
20 / 07 / 2018
On 2 August 2018, KSP Legal & Tax Advice experts, Hugo Bałaziński and Adam Roszyk, will hold a meeting as part of the “Coffee with a lawyer” cycle, organised together with the Katowice BCC Lodge. The discussion will concern the effective and safe preparation of transactions in the trade in investment properties.
The following issues will be discussed at the meeting:
- possibilities to claim a tax relief under the new investment support law,
- position of international entities buying real property in Poland,
- unobvious risks related to buying and encumbering property,
- property report necessary at the time of transaction preparation,
- selected risk examples from KSP experience.
The training is addressed to managers of entities which:
- believe that the investment support law is an opportunity for their company to develop,
- need or plan to purchase real property in connection with their development,
- are in the process of restructuring their activity – creating a holding structure, establishing an SPV (e.g. SPV to manage their assets),
- acquire both companies and the so-called ZORG (organised parts of enterprise), and use their property to secure investments (collateral, security for bond issue, etc.).
You are invited to come to the offices of KSP Legal & Tax Advice, ul. Chorzowska 150 in Katowice, on 2 August 2018, at 9 am. The meeting is scheduled for 1.5 hours and is free (please register by email, by writing to email@example.com by 30 July 2018). Places are limited.
09 / 07 / 2018
The start of the summer brings new promotions at KSP. We are happy to inform you that starting on 1 July 2018 Michał Wilk became one of KSP’s partners. Michał has been a member of KSP’s tax practice for many years now. He is an experienced and highly valued tax advisor, specialising in the international tax law, indirect taxes and transfer prices. His commitment to the development of our Law Firm and customer relations inspires us all.
We are also pleased with successful professional examinations of our team members. Michał Błach, Syuzanna Musfi and Jacek Osipiuk have joined the group of KSP’s advocates and legal counsels.
We do not slow down. We reach for more!
18 / 06 / 2018
We are proud! The crew of Ocean Challenge Yacht Club, including Tomasz Srokosz, won the Giraglia Rolex Cup 2018 class ORC 0. ‘This is an excellent result - the best during the six-year history of our participation in the regatta’ skipper Przemysław Tarnacki says to sportowefakty.pl. Sailing legend Jochen Schümann, and last-year’s winner Markus Wieser have officially congratulated the crew.
Giraglia Rolex Cup is organised in the Mediterranean by Yacht Club Italiano and Societe Nautique de Saint-Tropez. The regatta entails three offshore races in the Saint-Tropez bay, followed by a 243 nautical mile course. In addition to adventure, challenge and rivalry, this legendary and prestigious sport event features hard physical work and requires good team communication.
We congratulate the entire crew!
09 / 04 / 2018
It was 15 years ago that we started creating solutions for business. This is not just an empty slogan. Since the very beginning, KSP partners Magdalena Patryas and Piotr Krupa have combined legal advice and tax consultancy. The law firm which has proved helpful in implementing investment projects and has had good understanding of the mechanisms of business has attracted international entrepreneurs and Polish investors. Soon, the firm was joined by Tomasz Srokosz, and then Elżbieta Lis. Today, KSP is an outstanding team of more than 30 people who are not afraid to face challenges.
Our legal counsels, advocates, tax consultants, lawyers and economists provide advice on the most significant transactions on the Polish market. We are not afraid of difficult and demanding projects such as due diligence of Health Resorts in Rabka, advice during PPP-based construction of the railway station in Sopot or acquisition of water and sewage infrastructure by a private operator in Siemianowice Śląskie.
Throughout these years we have celebrated a number of accomplishments, both small and big ones, private and professional. These accomplishments would not have been possible without our employees, business partners, and above all - without our Clients. Commitment and persistent pursuit of our goals have brought positive results for all of us. For some, these were new investments, for others professional success, but there is one thing we all have in common: we have all gained new experience, knowledge and skills.
In this short text we also want to focus on what lies ahead. We still prioritise direct contacts with our clients, building our knowledge base and competent team of advisors, but we also follow new trends in the legal sector and we implement innovative solutions. Thank you All for 15 years together. Stay with us.
We do not slow down. We reach for more!
Partners of KSP Legal & Tax Advice
04 / 04 / 2018
Factories Tour is an interesting workshop on production site management, which combines knowledge and practice. During the workshops, you can have a look at three effectively managed production sites in Silesia: PPG Polifarb Cieszyn, FCA Poland S.A and Woodward Poland Sp. z o.o. On 11 April Maciej Pietrzycki and Adriana Wydziałkiewicz of the KSP Law Firm will deliver a lecture entitled: “Employment of Foreigners: Legal Aspects and Practical Advice”. You are welcome to attend!
To enrol go to the Organiser’s website
16 / 03 / 2018
Dear Students, if you think what to do after your studies, you are welcome to attend a meeting with KSP during the All-Poland Legal Internship Days to be held this Monday, 19 March 2018 (hour: 3:10 p.m., venue: the Faculty of Law and Administration of the University of Silesia).
The members of our law team have various stories to tell: some completed their internship and opened their own law firms, some joined consulting or law firms, while others worked for big corporations. Some of them became advocates, others - legal counsels or tax advisers. Some of our colleagues graduated only last year or are still students. We work together and are willing to share experience during the meeting. I am about to graduate from a law faculty and what next? A legal advisor, an advocate, a tax advisor, a trainee and a student in the same law firm. Is this a job for me? We look forward to seeing you! Who knows? May this will mark the beginning of our cooperation in the future! To enrol go to: http://bit.ly/2HAepx6 for more information see https://goo.gl/X6WW5q
30 / 01 / 2018
We would like to invite you to another Morning Tax Meeting, during which we are going to identify potential threats resulting from the split payment mechanism, which is to take effect on 1 July 2018, and discuss some related practical aspects. Additionally, we will explain who can benefit from the research and development exemption, in force since 1 January 2018, and how to do it.
We are going to discuss the following aspects:
SPLIT PAYMENT – an opportunity or a threat?
- What mechanism underlies split payment?
- Is it really voluntary?
- A VAT account - what is it and how does it work?
- Using the funds accumulated on VAT account - possibilities and restrictions
- Incentives to use the mechanism - are they worth taking advantage of?
- Does it require preparation and how to prepare?
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT EXEMPTION EFFECTIVE SINCE 1 JANUARY 2018
- Research and development - what is it and who can engage in such works?
- What exactly is the R&D exemption and is it worth using?
- Conditions for benefiting from the exemption
- Eligible costs - new categories
- Increase of the limit - even up to 150% of expenditure
- The status of research and development centre - how to obtain it and what are the benefits?
The invitation is addressed to those responsible for tax settlements in companies, CEOs, chief accountants and accountants. The meeting offers an opportunity to discuss and exchange experience in the above areas. The meeting will be hosted by experienced KSP tax advisors: Elżbieta Lis and Katarzyna Knapik-Pacyga.
The agenda and the registration form are available below. The number of places is limited. Please confirm your attendance by 9 February 2018 and send a completed form to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by facsimile to: +48 32 731 68 51 (contact person: Magdalena Bujoczek).
03 / 01 / 2018
During the seminar, Tomasz Srokosz is going to discuss changes to be faced by the water and sewerage industry in 2018. The amended act on collective water supply and sewage disposal is currently at the final stage of the legislation procedure, and so is the new water law, which will significantly affect the operating costs of the sector enterprises. Changes are also planned in the area of competence of municipal authorities. Additionally, analysis will be made of the financial aspects of the legal amendments, especially in respect of constructing an application for tariff approval.
The seminar is addressed to representatives of the water industry enterprises and to employees of local authorities responsible for collective water supply and sewage disposal.
- Tasks and competences of the commune and the water and sewage enterprises under the new water law and the amended act on collective water supply and sewage disposal,
- Terms and conditions of water supply and sewage disposal - the scope and manner of their acceptance according to the new regulations,
- Water and sewage tariffs in the draft amendment to the collective water supply and sewage disposal act prepared by the government,
- Preparation of an application for tariff approval - financial aspects.
- A draft tariff according to the amended act,
- Prognostic methods and tools associated with the application for tariff approval - case studies.
The seminar will be held on 17 January 2018 at Diament Hotel, 8 Dworcowa Street, in Katowice. For more information on organisation of the seminar and the registration form, see the Organiser’s website - Halmark Events. We look forward to seeing you!